Project Manager at Hewlett-Packard
- Computer Software
Christopher Mitchell's Overview
- Network Implementation & Project Manager at Hewlett-Packard
- Singapore Management University
Christopher Mitchell's Summary
Responsible to pro-actively lead a team of experienced engineers to reduce incidents by identifying and solving root cause of problems. This involves a proactive approach and mindset of maintaining systems, instead of reactively fixing things when they are broken.
Over 4 years experience of national and international/global markets gained in a variety of IT and Infrastructure roles, which compliment his technical and project management expertise.
A proven leader and negotiator who is able to work alone or as part of a team. A customer focused, creative thinker with a reputation for vigorous and sustained approaches to problem solving. Proven ability in cultivating team spirit, promoting co-operation and enforcing strict deadlines. Committed to ongoing personnel development.
Loves working in a global environment, with a spectrum of different culture and people. Has had the pleasure to work in Netherlands and United States, which exposed working in a diverse environment
HPUX CSA (Certified Systems Administrator)
SCSA (Sun Certified System Adminstrator)
SCNA (Sun Certified Network Administrator)
ITIL foundation (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
LPIC 1 (Junior Level Linux Professional)
LPIC 2 (Advanced Level Linux Professional)
SCP (SNIA Certified Professional)
SCSE (SNIA Certified Systems Engineer)
Sun Solaris (2.6 - 10); Enterprise computing environments.
HPUX 11i Enterprise computing environments using LSF (Load Sharing Facility)
Linux (redhat v3 -v4) Enterprise computing environments using LSF.
Christopher Mitchell's Experience
Network Implementation & Project Manager
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; HPQ; Information Technology and Services industry
August 2005 – Present (7 years 11 months)
- Identifying potential risks in IT operations, convert them into problem tickets, perform root cause analysis, and provide a solutions to minimise threats
- Create technical documents for any change management process, to ensure steps taken by engineers creating the change is fail-proof.
- Perform situation prevention activities by analysing passed causes of high risked situations to minimise downtime to business operations
- Identify opportunities for automation in any business process based on the 80-20 rule by means of scripting or software engineering.
- Plan, co-ordinate, implement, support and troubleshoot worldwide deployment of new Linux release for thousands of workstations worldwide
- Embraces the ITIL process and procedures for a systematic approach for service delivery
WAN & Linux administrator
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MSFT; Computer Software industry
July 2002 – July 2005 (3 years 1 month)
The support of day to day UNIX/Linux systems (monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance) around the globe with the following knowledge:
- Day to dayLinux (Redhat), AIX, Solaris and HPUX administration skills
- NFS, LDAP, NIS, NIS+ SSH, Autofs, Samba, Apache
- NetIQ Monitoring, Nagios, basic Zenoss
- PHP, Bash, Basic python, Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Understanding of information security, compliance and security baselines
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; FDRY; Computer Networking industry
May 1998 – January 2002 (3 years 9 months)
Christopher Mitchell's Education
Singapore Management University
Contact Christopher for:
- career opportunities
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch